Saturday, August 28, 2010

Advanced Colored Pencil

After getting tired of water coloring i went back to colored penciling to try and learn more about lighting and shading. I was looking at a "fantasy water, land and sky creatures" book and it had pictures of these fish, so i made a scene and colored it. Someone told me outlining things with a prominent color used will pop the image more, so that's what i did. I sort of looks like all the fish are electric!

This image came to me one night when my wife was a week past her due date sleeping on our couch at like 10 at night. I just kept thinking of our little girl and wanted to draw what i saw in my mind. I had the book i mentioned above, the angel's outfit and wings came from that.


This is a picture i have always wanted to capture on paper, the end of "the end times". When St. Michael finally kills Satan! Mary is praying to the side. I used the book above to inspire St. Michael and Mary, but was still my own.



My newest drawing right now is this frog, so cool! i didn't want to paint him, i felt i could capture him better with pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment