Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day of the Dead Skull


After observing pieces my artist idol Jason Lambert, my wife said I should paint a "day of the dead" skull. You know me, I'll take any challenge that comes my way, so that is what I did... and this is the result. I really like how it came out. I used the water color tray again, I figured "why mess up a good thing?" I have had such success recently, I feared going back to liquid.

The blue was a pain, it didn't come out very well in the picture. Also, be kind your judgment of the black eye shading, it kept getting wet and lightening up (this was 3 coats of black). I decided to put my name in the background, and figured what the heck, and threw C.A.'s name in there too! I think I may be doing more "day of the dead" theme paintings in the near future... it reminds CA of "Little Big Planet"! holla if your an LBP fan! Until next time... Remember Your Death!

No comments:

Post a Comment