Saturday, March 19, 2011

Snake with Water Color




I was inspired to paint another snake when I typed in "Sailor Jerry spit shading" on Google images and my snake picture was on the 5th line. It got me excited, so here is my new snake. I checked out "tattoo bible vol. 2" for the 100th time and pulled this image out of that book. I had a 2 and a half hour lunch break between classes, so I brought my water color tray (travel one with dried paint, not liquid), a brush, a water cup and a water bottle, the book and a piece of cheap watercolor paper and did my thang. I penciled it out, started with yellow and realized, "Holy Smokes! why don't I always use this type of water color!" The tray with 32 colors was 6 dollars at Micheal's and if I do say so, the colors are very controlled and look great. So, yellow, green, other green, ROY G. BIV... oops, red, blue, purple and black lastly.

It really came out great. I am still not very good with lighting and where to put shadows. The snake kind of looks like a Native American warrior (my wife made me use the politically correct terminology) with the random black spots on its face, but they were there in the picture! The water came out AMAZING! And be assured that I will be painting a wave of some sort in the very soon future! Since it is my last piece of paper, I may be adding more to this page! Call it flash if you want, I call it being poor!

Thanks for all of the support on getting my picture on Google images guys. Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment